Terms & Conditions
Primrose day center operates an open door policy and seeks to offer an inclusive and safe environment for those who require day care. As such, we have only a few criteria that need to be met; we assess each person on a one-to-one basis to ascertain whether PRIMROSE can offer an appropriate environment for the individual to flourish and relax. However, in order to assure the health and safety of all center users we have developed the following protocol:
- We accept people with all levels of dementia, from mild to severe. Behavior as a result of the Dementia is more important than cognitive ability.
- Some people with dementia feel the need to wander throughout the day. We do not restrain them to prevent wandering, although we may encourage them to rest if the wandering affects their health and safety or the health and safety of others.
- PRIMROSE Day Centre will help people with basic personal care such as getting to the toilet. Urinary incontinence is not a barrier in itself, provided it can be managed adequately (the person is not constantly wet or requires constant attention re. toileting).
- Incontinence products used by the individual must be provided by the person / family for use while at PRIMROSE. Those who have incontinence problems are advised to bring an alternative set of clothing in case of accidents. These clothes can be left at PRIMROSE.
- While physical disability is not necessarily a barrier to attendance at PRIMROSE, this will have to be assessed on a case-by-case basis to ensure the individual can be cared for safely. PRIMROSE reserves the right to decline the offer of a place in cases where the physical disability is not manageable by PRIMROSE.
- PRIMROSE is a social arena where clients mix and interact with each other. Individuals who cannot cope with social situations or with a degree of noise (talking or laughing) may not be able to cope well at PRIMROSE and it may prove to be an inappropriate environment for such individuals.
- As stated above, PRIMROSE is an open, social environment therefore any aggressive, angry or confrontational behavior is inappropriate. PRIMROSE reserves the right to decline a place at the Day Centre for any individual whose behavior causes a risk to their own health and safety, or to the health and safety of other users of the Centre.
- In cases where a client of the Day Centre begins to exhibit aggressive, confrontational or anti- social behavior as a consequence of the development of their condition, PRIMROSE reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a place in order to ensure the health and safety of the individual and other users of the Centre.
- PRIMROSE day center has a quiet room, which an individual can visit to take time out / relax and calm down when necessary. However the quiet room is for occasional use only and in cases where this becomes a more regular occurrence and requires high levels of one-to-one attention, PRIMROSE may have to withdraw the offer of a place at the Centre or increase the cost quoted for Day Care.